Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Kid, Kids, Kidding, Laugh, Laughter, Jokes and Joking Around--#NaBloPoMo

Our younger son is chasing me around the house with toads.

He brings them inside, dangling them by just one foot from his pudgy little fingers. I. Just. Can't. Stand. It.

Believe me. He knows this.

This month NaBloPoMo challenged us to blog every day about 31 different interpretations on the topic of "kids".

Many people know that the topic left me flat.

After all, we don't really do knock knock jokes or pranks around here. We shun comedy shows for an extra couple hours of sleep. I didn't think this subject was the one for me.

Then one day, our son and I had a rendez-vous in our back yard with a toad.



Hey you! Are you laughing at me? HUH?

Yeah, well, so am I! This video is funny! Kids are funny! Life is funny! And, yes, even autism can be funny. Here in this house, we are pros at laughing our way through life.

We laugh until we cry.

Sometimes, we cry until we laugh.

This month, I started a challenge thinking that it didn't much apply to life with our special family. But, then, I was witness to the near-murder of a toad, and my perspective changed.

Kid, kids, kidding, laugh, laughter, jokes and joking around--it's our approach to life with special needs. It's finding the silver lining around the obvious cloud. It's discovering a way to play amidst the pain.

And, it's coping with the chaos. Toad chaos. Toad-in-my-house chaos. He's going to drop it one day. I just know it...


***********************
NaBloPoMo July 2012 Challenge. Did it.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you for sticking with me. All done! However, it did help me get one step closer to that book!

      Delete
  2. Okay laughed out loud AGAIN watching that video and so hoping this time he WOULD toss it your way! LOL

    I have so loved this week, I think I may have one to go back and read. I don't remember reading one yesterday. But then the last week-end is somewhat of a blur...4 darling grand kids all around me made the time fly with laughs and hugs.

    I have totally loved this month of your stories! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my most loyal reader! Now you have earned a break!!

      I think one issue with doing two of these challenges so close together is that the product isn't as good. Dunno. SO glad I stuck it out and so glad it is over.

      Delete
  3. We both blogged about Toads today! You win by the way. Girl, I can't, I'd die. You have my toad-al admiration. Yes, I am that dorky.

    I think parent's that have kids with special needs have to find the silver lining. Or liquor. It keeps us sane.

    Again, I'm floored. Can't believe you blogged a whole month again, you are a MACHINE lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The liquor helps you find the laughter, when all else fails. LOL!!!

      Yeah, not so much a machine. My brain is ready to take a rest...maybe READ something instead of write so much. :)

      Delete
  4. Yay! Congrats on making your way successfully all the way through a crazy month. *throws confetti*

    ~ Rhonda Parrish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Rhonda. Thanks for celebrating with me! I will do this again and vow to handle it with more grace. In the meantime...ALL DONE! LOL!

      Delete