There was an error in this gadget

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Homeless

It's the weekend. My husband reclaims his Man Cave on the weekends and, ewww, enhances it's filth even more. I feel homeless without my retreat. I'm a captive audience for younger son and, seriously, his mind-numbing propensity to chatter. Chatchatchatchatchatchat.  Good gravy this kid can talk!

"Mom, if The Titanic were to face that tsunami in Japan, I know that it would grow super powers and defeat it. Watch, I will demonstrate with my model. Are you looking? Mom, watch! Here it goes!" No, I am not really looking. I am clicking away on the keys to my phone so that I don't lose my mind. Luckily, I taught him about peripheral vision, so when I assume this posture, he says that he is sure I am using my peripheral vision to watch him.

We are now talking about the possibility of an F5 tornado hitting the iceberg at the same time a tsunami struck. I don't think he uses any periods to his sentences. The words are blasting out together in an endless stream.

I love my children, and I am admitting my limitations. I need a weekend Mom Cave with an extra large coffee pot in order to survive until Monday. It's the only way I can continue to parent with the enthusiasm these children deserve.

For now, I am clicking away on my phone in the middle of an endless sea of chatter.

No comments:

Post a Comment